The SMH Group a multi-disciplined professional services company which includes Chartered Accountants, Tax Advisers, Financial Planners and Legal professionals working across eight offices in Sheffield, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Wakefield, Knaresborough and Buxton.
This is an opportunity to join an expanding practice who are looking to recruit an experienced Manager to work fulltime in our busy Buxton accountancy practice.
Joining as an Assistant Manager in the firm’s Buxton office this role is to oversee the delivery of accounting and taxation services (both personal and corporate), VAT returns, possible audit services, general business advice and other adhoc practice requirements when needed.
You should be able to provide competent advice to clients and take on the management of a varied portfolio, covering a wide range of business sectors, oversee the delivery of accounting, taxation and other services as well as having experience of managing staff and workloads.
In addition, another part of the role will involve developing and building client relationships and actively becoming a part of the local business community in an effort to further the growth and development of the firm’s client base.
The Successful Candidate
- Attention to detail
- Preferably ACA, ACCA qualified with a strong background in practice (ideally 2+ years PQE) as an experienced Accounts Senior, Assistant Manager, looking to progress their career further. Finalists will be also be considered with the right amount of experience and a drive to succeed and progress within the firm.
- Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own and team members development.
- Must possess IT skills to operate Office 365, in-house programs and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary. Accounting software experience with Sage, Xero will also be useful.
- Must be fully adept with accounts preparation programs, preferably IRIS
- Proven ability in managing a portfolio of mixed clients, and business development in an environment where the emphasis was on accounts, tax and advisory work is a must.
What’s on Offer?
- Excellent salary and progression opportunities, negotiable depending on experience, personality and ability.
- Exposure to an excellent variety of clients ranging from multi-million pound turnover businesses and high net worth individuals to smaller sole traders and partnerships.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Free onsite parking
- Close to transport links and town centre shops.
- 37.5 hours per week – option to work longer hours Monday to Thursday for a early finish on a Friday
- Comfortable and social environment
- Full time, permanent position
How to apply
Send your application and CV to Kelly Todd on [email protected] or call 01709 377909 for more information.