Recommended sources for further research
We recommend the following links for more detailed research and guidance on Academy Schools:
The ‘Convert to an academy: guide for schools’ www.gov.uk/guidance/convert-to-an-academy-information-for-schools
The ‘Academies Financial Handbook’ www.gov.uk/government/publications/academies-financial-handbook
The National Association of School Business Management www.nasbm.co.uk/EfA-Academies-Library.aspx
The ‘Academies Accounts Direction’ www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/525145/Academies_Accounts_Direction_2015_to_2016.pdf
Welcome Pack for new opener, information for new academies www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/581012/New_academies_ welcome_pack_-_January_2017.pdf
Estimating your academy funding allocation www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/582600/Estimating_your_revenue_funding_allocation.pdf
Academy conversion: important dates www.gov.uk/government/publications/academy-conversion-important-dates
Academy Convertor checklist: www.suttonmcgrathhartley.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Academy-Converter-Checklist.pdf
- Top Five Often Forgotten Business Tax Deductions
- Date changes for ‘Making Tax Digital’
- VAT on property – The Capital Goods Scheme
- Property developers – Extracting profits as capital
- Buy to let investors – don’t pay too much stamp duty land tax!
- Tax free reimbursement of directors and employees expense claims
- The impact of VAT and Income Tax on a Landlord’s profits
- Should you incorporate your Residential Property Letting Business?
- Re-brand for forward thinking Accountants Sutton McGrath Hartley
- You may think you know who will control your company when you die, but do you?