The SMH Group is a multi-disciplined professional services company which includes Chartered Accountants, Tax Advisers, Financial Planners and Legal professionals working across eight offices in Sheffield, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Knaresborough and Buxton.
This is an opportunity to join an expanding Rotherham Accountancy Practice who are looking to recruit an experienced Office Administrator who can provide a seamless, effective and proactive administrative support and coordination service with little supervision. This is a hands-on role so you will need to be a competent individual, looking to serve as a critical part of their existing team with a confident, enthusiastic and can-do attitude.
Duties to include:
- Provide administration support to the Director, Practice Manager and Managers
- Company Secretarial services
- Anti-money laundering checks
- Locating and booking out records for client collection
- Maintaining Stationery, company literature and printer consumables stock and ordering. Providing meter readings and authorising invoices accordingly.
- Typing invoices on behalf of Managers
- Debt collection to assist Credit Controller
- General admin tasks – typing, photocopying, scanning
Reception (2 days per week plus any absences)
- Greeting clients and assisting with queries.
- Making refreshments.
- Managing the Meeting room in between meetings.
- Answering telephone and facilitate.
- Managing email mailboxes.
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post and deliveries and download credit to franking machine.
- Filing and archiving.
- Other reception duties as they arise.
Health and Safety (no experience necessary as all training will be provided either internally or externally)
- Weekly H&S walk around to ensure the work environment is safe
- Weekly fire test, check fire extinguishers and fire exits and record in fire logbook
- Monthly First Aid box check
- Manage fire drill every six months
- Assist and liaise with Group Practice Manager on all H&S matters and tasks
- Be willing to be a H&S Liaison Officer, First Aider and Fire Marshall
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Intermediate MS Office skills (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel) – essential
- Ability to touch type – essential
- Debt collection – not essential
- Company secretarial – preferred but not essential
- Previous experience in a similar role or professional practice with a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent client service skills and telephone manner.
- Professional presentation and manner with a friendly and approachable personality
- Excellent communication demonstrating an effective style of communication and collaboration, both verbally and in writing
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Demonstrates a high level of commitment with flexibility and the ability to work under pressure, effectively managing conflicting priorities and expectations when required.
- The ability to work independently or as part of a small team.
- Organised with strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Resilient with a positive, proactive and confident approach.
- Proactive and forward-thinking individual who takes a pragmatic approach to resolving situations, using own initiative where appropriate
- Self-motivated and is passionate about what they do and is willing to learn.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
What’s on offer
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Paid parking
- Close to transport links and shops
- 5 hours per week 9am to 5.30pm Monday – Friday
- Comfortable and social environment#
- £20-25k depending on experience
How to apply
Send your application and CV to [email protected] or call 0114 266 4432 for more information.