Private Medical Insurance
Private Medical Insurance (PMI) is designed to meet the cost of providing private medical health care for acute conditions. This will help you to avoid NHS queues and allows you to receive speedy medical treatment in private and comfortable surroundings.
There are various types of cover to choose from ranging from core to comprehensive. The various options include the following:
- In-patient cover
- Out-patient cover
- Therapies cover
- Psychiatric cover
- Private GP Helpline
- Cancer cover
- Dental cover
- Worldwide travel cover
There are two underwriting methods by which an insurance company can offer PMI. These are known as a 'moratorium' or 'fully underwritten'.
With a moratorium scheme, you do not have to provide detailed medical information; however, pre-existing conditions are not covered, unless you have been symptom or treatment free for a period of between generally 3 to 5 years.
With fully underwritten schemes, you are asked a number of medical questions and the insurer will offer cover according to your medical history. This could mean that certain pre-existing conditions will not be covered.
Sutton McGrath Hartley have a dedicated team of independent financial advisers (IFA) who can ensure you are receiving the right financial advice and the highest standard of service.
- Agricultural Property Relief
- Entrepreneurs Relief
- Restarting a non-trading or dormant company
- Running a home office – can you claim on expenses?
- Are you Starting a New Business Venture?
- Auto Enrolment Becomes Business as Usual
- VAT on Residential Property Projects
- Writing a Will – Don’t Forget about your Digital Assets!
- Key points and changes from the Autumn 2017 Budget
- What now for ISA savings?