What are the options?

If your capital exceeds the Capital Limit and you want to preserve that capital what are the options available to you?


• Do nothing and hope you never need to go into care.
• Give assets, including the house, to family members and trust them to look after you, not get divorced or go bankrupt.
• Wait until care is required and simply pay the bills
• Use a flexible life interest trust in your Wills (couples only) and hold the property as tenants in common.
• Set up an Asset Protection Trust for the benefit of you and your family.


Assuming that you want to do something rather than nothing, then you need to consider what particular course of action is appropriate to your circumstances and unfortunately there is no such thing as a “one size fits all”.

WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien