Share Incentive Schemes & Share Options
Setting up a share incentive scheme, and/or granting key employees share options, so that your employees can acquire a stake in your business, should have multiple benefits.
The most obvious attraction is that ‘approved’ share schemes are tax effective but, perhaps even more importantly, share schemes also help to incentivise performance and improve staff retention, thus helping a business to improve its management and long term profitability.
There are 5 main types of HMRC ‘approved schemes’ to consider, 3 of which entail the granting of ‘options’ to acquire shares, with the other 2 involving the immediate transfer of shares.
If you are considering setting up an employee share scheme and or granting key employees share options call us today and arrange a free initial consultation
- Income from jointly held property – Spouses
- Why outsource your payroll?
- Agricultural Property Relief
- Entrepreneurs Relief
- Running a home office – can you claim on expenses?
- Are you Starting a New Business Venture?
- VAT on Residential Property Projects
- Key points and changes from the Autumn 2017 Budget
- Top Five Often Forgotten Business Tax Deductions
- £1 Million Tax Free on Death – Fact or Fiction?