Share Incentive Schemes & Share Options
Setting up a share incentive scheme, and/or granting key employees share options, so that your employees can acquire a stake in your business, should have multiple benefits.
The most obvious attraction is that ‘approved’ share schemes are tax effective but, perhaps even more importantly, share schemes also help to incentivise performance and improve staff retention, thus helping a business to improve its management and long term profitability.
There are 5 main types of HMRC ‘approved schemes’ to consider, 3 of which entail the granting of ‘options’ to acquire shares, with the other 2 involving the immediate transfer of shares.
If you are considering setting up an employee share scheme and or granting key employees share options call us today and arrange a free initial consultation
- Date changes for ‘Making Tax Digital’
- What now for ISA savings?
- The state shovels in your coffers
- VAT on property – The Capital Goods Scheme
- Property developers – Extracting profits as capital
- Buy to let investors – don’t pay too much stamp duty land tax!
- Tax free reimbursement of directors and employees expense claims
- Should I save for retirement using an ISA or a pension fund?
- The impact of VAT and Income Tax on a Landlord’s profits
- Should you incorporate your Residential Property Letting Business?