Deferring Payment Of Corporation Tax
B Ltd has profits which fluctuate from year to year.
It made £1,000,000 in the last trading year, but lost £750,000 in the first 6 months of the current year.
Cash flow is currently tight, but if the directors do nothing, tax of £200,000 will become due in 3 months’ time.
All that is required is a change in their ‘accounting reference date’, within the time limits prescribed, and they can reduce that payment to just £50,000.
- VAT on Residential Property Projects
- Key points and changes from the Autumn 2017 Budget
- Top Five Often Forgotten Business Tax Deductions
- £1 Million Tax Free on Death – Fact or Fiction?
- Date changes for ‘Making Tax Digital’
- What now for ISA savings?
- The state shovels in your coffers
- VAT on property – The Capital Goods Scheme
- Property developers – Extracting profits as capital
- Buy to let investors – don’t pay too much stamp duty land tax!