Accounting For Academy Schools
Whether you are just starting out on the academy conversion process, or have already converted and are considering a change of accountants please give us a call. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements, either over the telephone or at a free consultation, and to provide you with a competitive quote.
If you would like to do some more research before making an appointment, please see the links on the right for some guidance on the issues you will need to consider, and some of the ways in which we can help.
Academy School services provided by SMH
SMH can advise you in detail on all the issues discussed above, and our range of Academy services also includes:
- Annual accounts preparation, including advice and guidance on interpretation to the Trustees
- Statutory Audit
- Guidance on establishing appropriate financial management and reporting procedures for your Academy, including control systems, internal audit and risk management procedures
- Supplementary specialist audits – e.g. for pensions schemes
- Assistance with implementation and monitoring your budgeting and financial forecasting system
- Advising you on suitable accounting software options
- Tax planning advice and assistance with compliance issues (all taxes)
- Investment and pension advice
- Technical support for the Chief Financial and Accounting officers
We offer a Partner led approach, supported by specialist Academy experts.
- Expenses if you are Self-Employed
- Income from jointly held property – Spouses
- Why outsource your payroll?
- Agricultural Property Relief
- Entrepreneurs Relief
- Restarting a non-trading or dormant company
- Running a home office – can you claim on expenses?
- Are you Starting a New Business Venture?
- Auto Enrolment Becomes Business as Usual
- VAT on Residential Property Projects